Random Posts

Friday, September 10, 2010

Exciting News!

Bob Long of Thinkers' Press just commented on my review of CJS Purdy's The Search for Chess Perfection. I'm not much into purchasing chess books these days, but this is one I am looking forward to. While you are at it, check out Bob's Blog.

Hello... Bob Long, of Thinkers' Press, inc. I am publishing Purdy's book with a slightly different name, "My Search for Chess Perfection." It will be available in 2010 October from Thinkers' Press, inc.--1524 LeClaire St., Davenport, IA 52803 at $39.95 + $4 for shipping in the USA. It will contain a missing chapter from the original and a HUGE index of everything worthwhile in the book. Why it is still listed as being available from Amazon.com, when it is not, is just more proof of why I don't trust Amazon.com. I don't know the exact page count but I am guesstimating 410+ pages, 7x10 in size, still. Indexing the book proved to me just how incredible Purdy's book really is. It is even better if read from the beginning, to the end. And soon there will be a Purdy's Chess Chronicles publication. Thanks for your time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment